ServiceNow Developers’ skills are in high demand as more and more businesses move to the cloud. If you want to become ServiceNow Developer, then it is for you. We will share ServiceNow Developer Job Description and responsibilities to give you an idea of what the job requires. ServiceNow is the leading provider of cloud-based service management solutions and one of the most innovative companies in recent times.
Table of Contents
What does a ServiceNow Developer do?
The ServiceNow Developer is a key member of the team and must work independently and collaboratively. They must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral, and work with clients and team members from around the world.
ServiceNow Developer Job Description
- Participation in requirement gathering phase to provide time estimation to client needs.
- Participation in design reviews and SCRUM meetings.
- Analyzing technical development requirements.
- POC for business requirements.
- Create and update the existing configuration documentation.
- Deploying solutions in a test environment and working with the QA team to ensure quality.
- Perform platform upgrades, and review skipped updates due to upgrade.
- Implement best practices in coding and design as per ServiceNow standards and community guidelines.
- Follow the ITIL process to develop solutions.
- Find opportunities to automate and enhance the end-user experience.
- Scripting in various areas (Business Rules, Client Scripts, UI Actions, Access Control Lists, UI Policies, Portal Pages, UI Pages).
- Reporting and Dashboards set up.
- Knows to configure flows or workflows.
- Should have experience in Service Catalog development.
- Develop integrations with 3rd party tools or ServiceNow to ServiceNow integration with Scripted and OOB REST API and SOAP web Services.
- Technical solution validation before deployment.
- Train and provide knowledge transfers to new members of the team.
- Support Go live and hyper care phases.
- Does Technical Assessment of new plugins installation and configuration to setup business process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- A solution focussed problem solver.
- Excellent collaboration, communication, and presentation skills.
- A strong desire to learn new technologies and a passion for creating elegant solutions.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies, including Scrum & Kanban or other iterative approaches to project delivery.
- Knowledge of ITIL processes (Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management, etc.)
- Knowledge of ServiceNow instance design and administration.
- Knowledge of Java Scripting, HTML/CSS, and AJAX.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting with minimal supervision.
- Experience in ServiceNow administration and development.
- Hands-on development, management, and deployment experience with ServiceNow.
- Troubleshooting, debugging, and problem-solving skills.
- ServiceNow – Certified System Administrator.
- ServiceNow – Certified Application Developer.
- ServiceNow – Certified Implementation Specialist ITSM (CIS-ITSM) – Good to Have.
- ITIL Foundation. – Good to Have.
We have shared a brief overview of the ServiceNow Developer job description and responsibilities. We hope you find it helpful. If you are interested in pursuing a career as a ServiceNow Developer, please visit our website for more information on getting started.