ServiceNow platform is now growing there is a massive demand for ServiceNow professionals in the job sector. One such job profile is ServiceNow Administrator. If you’re interested in becoming a ServiceNow administrator, keep reading for more information on the ServiceNow administrator job description and how to get started. ServiceNow administrators are responsible for managing and maintaining the ServiceNow instance.
ServiceNow is a cloud-based platform that enables organizations to manage and automate their IT processes. ServiceNow is one of the fastest-growing platforms with process automation capabilities and the best user experience.
What does a ServiceNow Administrator do?
ServiceNow Administrators are the backbone of the operations and responsible for the day-to-day operations of their organization’s ServiceNow instance. They manage access (users and groups), maintain instance performance with regular checkups, deploy new functionalities and set up notifications and alerts. They also troubleshoot issues and work with the ServiceNow support team to resolve them.
ServiceNow Administrator Job Description Template
The ServiceNow Administrator job description typically includes the following duties and responsibilities:
- Improve business processes and manage continuous improvement projects.
- Analyze the current environment and propose automation whenever possible.
- Manage functional and process documentation.
- Coordinate upgrades and changes to the ServiceNow instance.
- Managing permissions and access (roles, users, and groups).
- Guide business users with the process and Servicenow.
- Maintaining instance performance with regular checkups.
- Troubleshoot day-to-day operation and system issues.
- Work with the ServiceNow support team to resolve issues.
- Deploy update sets from non-prod environments.
- Setup reports and schedules them.
- Setting up notifications and alerts.
- Work closely with Project Managers and business stakeholders and implement ITIL best practices.
- Maintain Service Catalog and Service Level Management.
- Manage Access Control Lists and scripts like server scripts and client scripts.
- Manage CMDB health.
- Develop and manage standard load template to import updated data.
- Resolve basic incidents and fulfill routine service requests.
- Provide training to end-users and business owners.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow delivery best practices.
- Expertise in ServiceNow configuration, administration, and usage.
- Minimum 2-3 years of job-related experience.
- Self-motivated candidate and have experience in ServiceNow ITSM processes and workflows.
- Hands-on development, management, and deployment experience with ServiceNow.
- Troubleshoot system issues, investigate and recommend permanent solution and workarounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science.
- ServiceNow – Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow – Certified Implementation Specialist ITSM (CIS-ITSM) – Good to Have.
- ITIL Foundation.
How to crack ServiceNow Administrator Interview
ServiceNow CSA Exam Questions Dumps
Top ServiceNow Interview Questions and Answers
We hope this gives you a good overview of what the ServiceNow Administrator job entails. If you’re interested in becoming a ServiceNow administrator, keep reading for more information on how to get started.