One of the most common interview questions is “describe a time.” This question can be difficult to answer, but providing a specific example demonstrating your skills and experience is important. This article will provide tips for answering this question effectively. We will also provide a few examples of “describe a time interview questions”.
Why does the interviewer ask this question?
Interviewers ask questions about your experience with a time-related subject. When asked to “describe a time,” the interviewer is looking for a specific example demonstrating your skills and experience. It’s important to be prepared for this question and to have a few examples ready.
How to answer describe a time interview questions
Here are a few tips for answering this question:
- Make sure you understand what the interviewer is asking. This question can be interpreted differently, so it’s important to understand what the interviewer wants to know.
- Take your time and think about your answer. This is not a question that you should try to answer off the top of your head. Take a few moments to think about your response.
- Be specific. The interviewer wants to hear a specific example, so don’t generalize your answer. Provide an example that demonstrates your skills and experience in a specific situation.
- Describe the exact scene, how and when it happened Use action verbs to describe what you did and provide enough detail so that the interviewer can understand what happened.
- Share the positive result of your actions. Be sure to include what happened as a result of your actions. The interviewer wants to know that you can take action and achieve results.
Examples of “describe a time” interview questions
- Describe a time when you dealt with a difficult customer or client.
- Describe a time when you had to solve a difficult problem.
- Describe when you had to deal with a difficult situation at work.
- Describe a time when you had to manage a difficult project.
- Describe a time when you had to lead a team.
- Describe a time when you had to make an important decision.
- Describe a time when you had to deal with a challenging situation.
- Describe the most difficult customer service call you have ever handled.
- Describe a positive change in your life.
- Describe a time when you observed the stars.
- Describe a time when you helped a child.
- Describe a time you visited a new place.
- Describe a time when you were proud of yourself.
- Describe a time when you laughed hard.
- Describe a time when you made someone else laugh.
- Describe a time when you cried.
- Describe a time when something made you angry.
Did you find this blog post helpful? Share it with your friends! And, if you’re looking for more help preparing for your next interview, check out our other blog posts or sign up for our free email course. Thanks for reading! We wish you the best of luck in your job search.