ServiceNow Architect’s job profile is currently in demand as ServiceNow is growing and bringing new business solutions. ServiceNow is the leading provider of IT service management (ITSM) solutions. If you are looking for a ServiceNow Architect job description, we will share everything (career growth potential, skills, certifications) about it in this post.
Table of Contents
What Does ServiceNow Architect do?
A ServiceNow Architect is an individual who designs solutions for the ServiceNow platform. They will be responsible for the overall design of a large-scale enterprise application using best practices. In addition to creating technical solutions, they are also responsible for developing various components, technical documentation, and implementation guides.
ServiceNow Architect Job Description
- Provide domain, architecture, and technical aspects of their projects to the client.
- Provide strategic recommendations around technical best practices & industry trends to clients.
- Analyze and estimate the time required to design, develop and implement the technical solutions.
- Participate in requirement gathering meetings and provide inputs to the developers based on the requirements.
- Prepare flows/ workflows for overall solutions.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and members of the team.
- Know end-to-end ServiceNow ITSM solutions in ServiceNow.
- Share input and/or generate specialist points of view with the presales team.
- Interface with clients and/or customer’s technical teams as needed.
- Guide junior members of the team when required.
- Develop system documentation, including process flows, design documents, etc.
- Define the architecture of ServiceNow implementations and oversee their successful deployment.
- Host Design Authority meetings to review technical solutions and approve them.
- Propose Integration with other tools whenever possible.
- Develop Visio diagrams and high-level architecture documents.
- Manage upgrade cycles.
- Implement new release functionalities to help business users.
- Keep check of instance performance and purpose improvement to improve end-user experience.
- ServiceNow – Certified System Administrator (CSA)
- ITIL Foundation.
- ServiceNow – Certified Implementation Specialist ITSM (CIS-ITSM)
- ServiceNow – Certified Application Developer (CAD) – Good to have.
Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements
In addition to the certifications, the ServiceNow Architect should have the following skills:
- Deep knowledge of ServiceNow solutions.
- Good understanding of ITIL processes.
- Experience in an enterprise environment with multiple integration points.
- Experience in the design and implementation of ServiceNow solutions.
- Experience in architecting and deploying large-scale ServiceNow implementations.
- Strong analytical skills to identify problems and recommend solutions that meet business requirements.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with clients, stakeholders, and team members.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Experience in Multi-Tenant (Domain Separation) Environment.
- Must be a team player and lead a team of developers.
- Must know tools like Excel, Visio, and other Microsoft products.
ServiceNow Architect is one of the most promising jobs for those who want to build a career in ServiceNow and make it big as “Architect” is a leadership position. If you are starting with ServiceNow, we recommend that you not directly jump into the “Architect” position. Instead, start with the Administrator or Developer role and eventually move to Architect when you have enough experience in ServiceNow.
ServiceNow Architect’s job description provides you with a list of the most important job responsibilities and skills for this role. It can be used by hiring managers to identify these skills when recruiting for the position. We hope this article has been informative and helpful.