Welcome to interviewquestions.guru. Check our list of the top 100 weird and funny interview questions and see that human creativity has no limits. Try not to laugh!
More or less funny, more or less surprising, the bizarre interview questions are in fact a very powerful HR interviewing tool. It is almost impossible to prepare the replies in advance and thus random interview questions are perfect to test the candidates’ creativity, free-thinking, and open-mindedness. Scary, isn’t it? The good or bad news is, that these questions have no one good answer. They have however a lot of wrong answers, for example: “I don’t know”, “Who knows?”, “This is a very good question…” – forget them all. Starring in silence on an interviewer is also not an option.
How to answer weird and funny interview questions?
So how to handle unexpected and bizarre interview questions? Basically, there are 3 strategies you can choose from.
- You can choose a random answer, probably the first that came to your mind.
- You can think loud, let the interviewer know your thoughts and the path of searching for the best answer.
- You can reply to the question with another, smarter, funnier, or more surprising question. This strategy is the most difficult, though.
To make this topic easier to embrace, we grouped the questions into 5 main categories and described shortly each of them. Have a look at our list before your interview and know what to expect!
Weird and Funny Interview Questions
Questions of a type “If you were a…, what would you be and why?”
If it was possible to list the most popular bizarre interview questions, the questions from the category “If you were a…, what would you be and why” would be at the top.
A funny game for children that can be deadly scary for adult job candidates. But don’t worry. Think about the skills and personal characteristics which are necessary or at least helpful in your dream job and find what would represent it best. For example, if the requirement for your job is to have excellent communication and interpersonal skill, on the question “If you were an animal, what would you be and why”, choose for your answer a dog or a dolphin.
- If you were an animal, what would you be and why?
- If you were a thing, what would you be and why?
- If you were a color, what would you be and why?
- If you were a flower, what would you be and why?
- If you were a car, what would you be and why?
- If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?
- If you were comfort food, what would you be and why?
- If you were a chocolate bar, what would you be and why?
- If you were an ice cream flavor, what would you be and why?
- If you were a drink, what would you be and why?
- If you were a book, what would you be and why?
- If you were a video game, what would you be and why?
- If you were a song, what would you be and why?
- If you were a movie character, who would you be and why?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be and why?
- If you were a Winnie the Pooh hero, who would you be and why?
- If you were a Scooby-Doo hero, who would you be and why?
- If you were a social media platform, what would you be and why?
- If you were a Microsoft Office program, what would you be and why?
- If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
- If you were a holiday destination, what would you be and why?
- If you were a piece of furniture, what would you be and why?
- If you were an emoticon, what would you be and why?
Questions of a type “How many…?”
This is another very popular category of bizarre interview questions. These questions are sometimes less random and ridiculous than they seem at the first sight. They often relate to the skills and responsibilities that are needed for a candidate. For example, the question “How many people are on Facebook right now?” can be used to test your knowledge about social media. To prove your knowledge and skills, we recommend using the second strategy (described above).
- How many square feet of pizza are eaten in the U.S. each year?
- How many people are on Facebook in the U.S. right now?
- How many planes are currently flying over the U.S.?
- How many gas stations are there in the U.S.?
- How many people work in this building?
- How many pennies would fit into this room?
- How many balloons would fit into this room?
- How many golf balls can fit in a school bus?
- How many windows are there in New York City?
Questions about the role models
The funny interview questions often refer to your role models, idols, etc. Again, when replying to such a question, think about what skills or characteristics do you admire most in other people. It would be great if they happen to be the same skills and characteristics that are included in the job description – that will prove that you are a perfect fit for this position and automatically increase your chances to get the job.
- What historical figure would you invite to dinner?
- What movie character would you invite to dinner?
- What superhero would you invite to dinner?
- If you could trade lives with anyone for one day, who would it be and why?
- If you could be a best friend of a famous person, who would it be and why?
- If you could interview a celebrity, who would it be and why?
Questions checking your creativity
Such questions are a perfect opportunity for you as a candidate to show your creativity, open-mindedness, imagination, and originality. It is also a chance to tell more about yourself, how you see the world, and the people around you.
- Tell me a story.
- Tell me a joke.
- Sing a song that describes you best.
- Design a spice rack for a blind person.
- Describe the color red to someone who is blind.
- Describe this job to a child.
- Sell me this glass of water.
- A child asks you if Santa Claus is real. What would you say?
- If you saw someone stealing bread in a shop, would you report it?
- If you were 80-years-old, what advice would you give your grandchildren?
- If you could have the world’s attention for 30 seconds, what would you say?
- If you could have any superpower, which would you choose and why?
- If you had three wishes, what would you wish for?
- If you had to be shipwrecked on a deserted island, what two items would you want to have with you except food and water?
- If you were arrested, what would your family think you had done?
- What would your pet say about you?
- What would your autobiography be called?
- We finish the interview and you step outside the office and find a lottery ticket that ends up winning $10 million. What would you do?
- If I gave you $50,000 to start a business, what would you start?
- What would you do with $10 million?
- If you found $1000 on the street, what would you do?
- How does the internet work?
- How would you sell hot chocolate in Florida?
- How would you move Mount Fiji?
- How would you weigh an elephant without a weight machine?
- You’ve been given an elephant. You can’t get rid of it. What would you do with it?
- What is invisible but you wish people could see?
- What would you do if you had a time machine?
- In 50 years, what will the people be nostalgic for?
Random interview questions
- What was the last gift you gave someone?
- What was the last gift you received from someone?
- What was the last book you read?
- What is more important: money or love?
- What is your first childhood memory?
- What was your favorite age?
- What was your favorite toy as a child?
- Who did you want to be when you were a child?
- What is the best Wi-Fi name you’ve ever seen?
- What is the best nickname you’ve ever heard?
- What is the funniest thing that happened to you recently?
- What is the strangest thing in your handbag?
- What is the most ridiculous and useless fact that you know?
- What is the most beautiful place you’ve ever seen?
- What is the worse name to give a child?
- What is something that everyone looks stupid doing?
- What is something really popular now, but in 5 years everyone will look back on and be embarrassed by it?
- Is a hotdog a sandwich and why?
- Is cereal a soup and why?
- Are you a morning or a night person?
- Are you a dog or a cat person?
- Are you a tea or a coffee person?
- Do you prefer Pepsi or Coke?
- Who sells the best fires?
- How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
- How do you feel about the garden gnomes?
- How do you feel about the baby pictures on Facebook?
- How do you feel about the holiday decorations?
- How do you feel about the Christmas songs?
- How weird are you from 1 to 10?
- How lucky are you from 1 to 10?
- How honest are you from 1 to 10?
- Have you ever broken the law?
With that, we came to the end of our list of the top 100 funny interview questions.
To be even better prepared for your interview, check our other articles: Tell me about yourself in an interview and illegal interview questions and how to handle them. You can also check our free guide How to prepare for the first job interview Tips & Checklist.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Leave a comment below and share with us the most bizarre interview questions which you have received. If you like the article, give it a thumb up. Thanks!